Water damage can spell disaster for your home. It can lead to huge expenses and even lead to mold and structural issues. If you find that you have a leaky pipe or other water damage going on, it is important to fix it right away before the situation gets worse. If you wait too long, mold can start to grow in as little as 48 hours, and that can lead to big problems with your home.
Mold is the silent destroyer in your home, and it is the direct result of water damage. If you try to clean up the water damage yourself, you are likely to end up leaving some of the water, even though you think you have cleaned it all up. All mold needs to start growing is a little bit of moisture and once it starts growing it is very hard to get rid of and very expensive as well.
Mold releases spores which travel through the air.You end up breathing the spores in, and this can lead to respiratory illness and other problems. Some people develop headaches, allergies and sinus infections. You might star